Is it worth it?

I'm on day 77 of not drinking and I'm fed up.


I was expecting some big change physically and mentally. I thought I would have more energy and feel healthier, would be more motivated to look after myself and would eat better. I thought my skin would be clearer and I would loose weight. How could I not loose weight when I have cut out at least 2000 calories a week?


But no. In fact I have put on weight and the only thing that seems to have changed is that I no longer drink - I don't seem to have gained any of the benefits. Ok, I am finding it easier to get up in the morning and my skin is less red but nothing to really write home about (or even blog about.....)


When I gave up drinking I read lots of articles about the damage that alcohol did to the body, and it was the idea of being healthier, of my body healing itself that keep me motivated. Now, I just feel that I have given up something fun which wasn't causing that much damage - if it was surely I would feel so much better for no longer consuming it.


I do appreciate that this whole post sounds so whiny - it sounds whiny to me! Argh - it is so frustrating, I really thought this was the start of a bright new future.


I suppose, just suppose, that I could view giving up alcohol as laying part of the foundations necessary for a healthy life. Alcohol and my ambitions for myself are incompatible - still drinking would be completely incompatible with the other steps I need to take to achieve my long term goals. Mental and physical health.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 55

All or nothing